5 Reasons to start thinking about Christmas Photos in August
Christmas seems really far away when you're eating fresh watermelon while sitting with your feet in the sand listening to your children play in the waves of the Jersey shore. And I am NOT one to wish the summer away. I LOVE summer first and foremost I am a teacher so the summer gives me time to rejuvenate and have a slower pace of life. Summer also gives me access to all of my favorite activities, so writing this post and talking about Christmas does make me a little itchy!
Let's just get straight to it:
1. Many people contact me at the end of October for Christmas photos to be taken in November. In November the time changes so the sunsets earlier which means if you're husband works until 5pm or your kiddos have after school sports it makes it harder to coordinate times before the sun goes down.
2. The weather at this time of year (August/September even October) is BEAUTIFUL. Nobody will be cold and forcing that smile.
3. The weather also gives lots of opportunities to do photos in many different settings that won't look the same in November when all the leaves have fallen off the trees.
4. You will be one step ahead of the game by the time all the November Christmas Card sales come out.
5. It will be one less thing to worry about when all of the Christmas hustle begins.